Deirdre Hooper, MD, Associate Clinical Professor of Dermatology at both Louisiana State University and Tulane University discusses managing sensitive skin concerns with skincare. Dr. Hooper will discuss factors that can lead to skin sensitivity and the confusion that patients face understanding which products and ingredients are safe to use, which may help restore their barrier and protect skin. She will share her best practices of how she manages patient concerns around chemical versus mineral sunscreens as well as preservatives commonly used in OTC skincare.
You will learn more about:
- The link between allergies and skin irritation
- Why patients confuse irritation with an allergic response
- Managing the “Dr. Google” patient on factors that cause sensitivity or concerns around certain ingredients
- How a preservative-free moisturizer can aid in barrier repair and reducing symptoms of sensitivity
- Mineral sunscreen options in different vehicles for different patient types and lifestyles
Made possible by support from LA ROCHE-POSAY.Click here for bio