Join Dr. Jeffrey S. Dover, Director of SkinCare Physicians in Chestnut Hill, Massachusetts as he discusses how the COVID-19 pandemic has affected dermatology practices across the country and around the world. In the face of a change that no one was really prepared for, Dr. Dover and an esteemed panel of experts from the fields of Infectious Disease, Immunology, Public Health Policy, Dermatology, Plastic Surgery, and Facial Plastic Surgery, came together to render their opinions and guidance on how to safely reopen dermatology practices across the country. This collaborative effort resulted in the publication of Project AesCert Guidance, which represents a consensus of studied principles that combines learnings from major hospital systems on the frontlines of treating COVID-19 patients¹.
In an effort to expand the reach of these and other guidelines and best practices being used by dermatology practices across the country, Dr. Dover, in partnership with the Journal of Drugs in Dermatology, invited a panel of dermatology Key Opinion Leaders to share their experience as they reopen their practices. During this 5-part video series, you will hear immediately useful pearls and best practices from Jeffrey S. Dover, MD, Nazanin Saedi, MD, Kavita Mariwalla, MD, Terrence Keaney, MD, and Thomas E. Rohrer, MD.
We kick off the series with Dr. Jeffrey S. Dover. Watch as he shares pearls and best practices on:
- Medical Office Preparedness
- Managing the Office Environment
- General Guidance
- Cleaning & Disinfecting Practices
- PPE and Medical Supplies
Stay tuned for the next episode in this series, where Dr. Nazanin Saedi shares best practices and practical pearls on:
- Employee health and training
- Recognition of symptoms
- Symptomatic patients and employees
- Office arrival, check-in and check-out
- Pre-screening patients
- Dover, J. S., Moran, M. L., Figueroa, J. F., Furnas, H., Vyas, J. M., Wiviott, L. D., & Karchmer, A. W. (2020). A Path to Resume Aesthetic Care: Executive Summary of Project AesCert Guidance Supplement—Practical Considerations for Aesthetic Medicine Professionals Supporting Clinic Preparedness in Response to the SARS-CoV-2 Outbreak. Facial plastic surgery & aesthetic medicine, 22(3), 125-151.
This video series has been supported in part by: