This month’s Patient Buzz includes articles that address skin issues from wearing face masks during the COVID-19 pandemic. Does exercising in a mask cause “maskne?” Are face mask brackets helpful or hurtful in preventing skin irritation?
Review this list of dermatology news in the consumer press and be prepared for your patient’s questions about face masks and other skincare topics in the news:
- Coveteur: Can you slow greying of hair?
- Fox News: Mitch McConnell’s bruised hands, lips
- Good Housekeeping: What is the skin’s acid mantle?
- Hello Giggles/Yahoo! News: 13 ways to get glowing skin
- Hello Giggles/Yahoo! News: Is witch hazel good or bad?
- HuffPost: Face mask brackets
- INSIDER: Best exfoliating ingredients
- INSIDER: How to get rid of dark circles
- INSIDER: How to get rid of puffy eyes
- INSIDER: How to remove blackheads
- INSIDER: Should you pop a blister?
- Men’s Health: Do men of color need special skincare products?
- New Beauty: Does exercising in a mask cause maskne?
- Parade: White spots on nails
- PureWow: Essence vs. toner
- PureWow: Skincare products a dermatologist wouldn’t buy
- SELF: Hidradenitis suppurativa triggers
- SELF: Reality star’s melanoma message
- The Zoe Report: Multi-use skincare products
- Well+Good: Eye cream myths
- Well+Good: Fall skin care
- Well+Good: How to keep hair healthy while aging
- Who What Wear: Rules for choosing a foundation with dry skin
- Women’s Health: Dry eyelids
- Women’s Health: Myths for glowing skin
Did you enjoy this Patient Buzz listing? You can find more here.